|Alh. Muhammad Sani Aminu |
The Registrar who serves as the chief administrative officer is responsible for the day-to-day running of the university.
He also serves as the secretary to council, the senate and the congregation. He heads one of the biggest non- academic department – The Registry.
The Registry handles all formal correspondence on staff appointments, resignation, contracts, supplies, and property matters. It also handles student's admission and serves as the Secretariat of the council, senate and the University congregation.
The Registry of Northwest University, Kano as an integral part of the University, is committed to making Northwest University a world-class institution and has indeed worked assiduously to uphold the vision and mission as conceived by the founding fathers. In terms of ensuring quality assurance, the Northwest Registry has distinguished itself as the sole keeper of the university records, rules and regulations and provides all the secretarial services of the university.
The Registry is structured into Divisions all answerable to the Registrar and charged with providing excellent services towards the effective day-to-day administration of the university comprises of;
- The Academic Division: responsible for admission and graduation of students it is headed by the Academic Secretary.
- The Publications and Documentation Office: in charge of publishing and documenting university publications it is headed by the publications secretary.
- Establishment Office:Is another division under the Registry Department charged with the responsibility of;
The General Administration Division:The General Administration unit is one of the division under the Registrar . It works directly with the registrar and it directly assists the registrar in the discharge of his day to day administrative functions, the division is currently headed by a Principal Assistant Registrar who is assisted by an administrative assistant and a computer operator. The specific duties of the unit can be summarized thus:The General Administration unit is one of the units under the Registrar. It works directly with the registrar and it directly assists the registrar in the discharge of his day to day administrative functions, the division is currently headed by a Principal Assistant Registrar. The function of the unit is to assist the Registrar with the general administration of the University.
The Council Affairs Division:Is responsible for the preparation of council and council committee meetings and other secretarial services such as sending notices of council meetings, welfare and other sundry issues on council’s activities.
- Processing staff appointment, promotions, confirmations, training, resignation, retirement, termination of employment, salary review, upgrading, annual leave, study leave, discipline and other staff welfare of the both senior and junior staff1. Processing staff appointment, promotions, confirmations, training, resignation, retirement, termination of appointment, salary review, upgrading, staff annual leave, study leave, discipline and other staff welfare both senior and junior staff.
- Facilitating Secretarial functions of university's committees such as appointments and promotions committee, committee on proposed faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Senior Staff Disciplinary and Appeal Committee as well as senate Committee on Academic staff development.
- Compilation of staff lists and maintenance of staff records and statistics. The Division is headed by the Establishment Secretary