Management Information Systems (MIS)
|Dr. Ibrahim Abdullahi
The Management Information System (MIS) of Northwest University, Kano is a unit mandated to provide IT standards, guidelines and policy, strategic plan, and development in the University. MIS Unit maintains oversight for matters delegated under its jurisdiction, and acts authoritatively within the scope of Council-established policies, procedures and guidelines for its operations. The unit is headed by Director who is being assisted by a group of specialists in different areas of Computer and Information Technology.
Among the specific functions of Northwest University MIS unit include:
- To Promote Innovative Use of Information Technology that Adds Value to the academic environment
- To Protect Technology and Information Assets.
- Develop and implement an enterprise architecture for the Northwest University that results in rules and standards for information technology;
- Develop, implement, and manage a new consolidated Internet Protocol network to provide a more robust, efficient, and secure University wide infrastructure;
- Assist departments and units in providing secure, reliable, University IT operations;
- Promote cyber- and network security through the development of a University wide Network and Security Operations;
- Negotiate and manage University wide agreements for quality IT products and services to reduce the cost and increase the value of Northwest University computer hardware, software, and services;
- Provide Baseline audit, mapping, and selective benchmarking efforts that are guided by a clear vision and goals to make policymaking more focused, effective and user driven.